Thursday, April 28, 2011

SHUSH OUT!

Baby Lu has discovered her inner hellraiser this week. I can't even count the number of times she's been to timeout. It's probably in the triple digits...and that's underestimating. She likes to tell me to "shush out" now. I'm thinking it's a variation of "hush" (which is what I tell her when she's gone on a tangent) and "shut up". I have no idea where she got the "shut up" part because it's not something commonly said in our home but I'm sure she listens to people talking when we're out in the world.

I'm starting to suspect that something else is going on though. She's been rubbing her eyes a lot and complaining that they, as well as her head, hurt. So today we're off to the pediatrician's office in the hopes of getting some answers. Could it be allergies?

Papa Bear and I don't have any allergies at all...like to anything. We could trip and fall into a pit of ragweed, hayfever, cat dander and peanuts and would come out happy/reeking of weeds and nuts.

Another concern is her vision. I have no reason to believe it's anything relating to her eyes other than they hurt her. Her daddy wears glasses and has astigmatism but my eyes are perfecto. She can see things from a mile away and up close so I've never even fathomed we could be dealing with an eye issue.

Despite all of my concerns, here she sits scarfing down oatmeal and asking when we will be going to the doctors to see the fishies. To her, the doctor's office is primarily an aquarium with a detour to see someone in a white coat...then back to the fishies.


No comments:

Post a Comment