Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Tumble For Ya...

Yesterday was a little crazy. We had the whole day planned out because of doctors appointments, voting and the little lady's new gymnastics class.

We went to vote first thing in the morning so I could get one thing out of the way. Then, headed downtown for a doctor's appointment at the hospital. I wasn't told ahead of time that I needed someone there to watch Lu so you can imagine my shock when I was told that I couldn't bring her into the quick procedure I was having done. Ugh! The nurse said that I should ask someone in the WAITING ROOM to watch her...ummm NO!! Who does that??

"Hey lady, yeah you...the one in the gown picking her nose...could you watch this kid for ten minutes?"

Seriously, what kind of parent would I be if I handed my child off to a complete stranger? So I told the nurse that that was not an option, she scurried off to see what she could do. I told her I could reschedule if this was going to get crazy but she said she'd figure something out. Five minutes later she comes to get us in the waiting room and ushers me to the nurses lounge. Five young nurses greet us at the door and tell me they'll keep an eye on her. Fabulous! So I wheel Lu's stroller into the nurses lounge and hand her my Iphone with the flashcards app and away I go!

The procedure ended up taking 40 minutes :/ I hurry back to get Lu and find her surrounded by nurses and doctors. One of the doctors looks at me and says "She is SO SMART!" I was floored, I thought she would've been tearing the place up, freaking out because I'd been gone for nearly an hour. A nurse chimes in with "We were looking at flashcards, then we played Angry Birds...and she told me all about Facebook!" My little lady surprises me sometimes.

After grabbing a quick veggie dog we sped off to Lu's first gymnastics class all the way back uptown.

I finally decided to look into something more for Lu since soccer only happens once a week for an hour. She looks forward all week for it but it's over quickly then it's back to pestering me with "Soccer day??" every hour. I wasn't sure if she'd like it but I decided to give it a shot.

We get to the class with ten minutes to spare phewww then it's a trip to the potty and a costume change. I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work since she's only 2, did I need to go in with her? How would she react to making new friends? Well....she bolted into the gym and sat with the group so that meant I was off the hook! I could stay in the "lobby" with the other parents and watch behind the glass. This ALSO means that I can leave for an hour and grab groceries or a coffee! I might try that next week if she's in a good mood, although, I do enjoy watching! She was running, bouncing, twirling, somersaulting and laughing up a storm.

So happy she's enjoying it and I even managed to make a couple new mom friends which is always welcome.

Today is a day of recovery, taking it easy and watching movies. Quiet days are going to be few and far between the next little while so we best enjoy it while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment