Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lovely Lady Lumps

The last week has been a whirlwind of appointments and activities. I find myself feeling guilty for wanting to snuggle in bed for the day with the little lady. This is completely ridiculous of course because we seriously need a few days of snuggles and cartoons. Laying in the big bed covered in sticky spots from juice boxes and brushing cookie crumbs off our feet.

My mother was in town for her bi-annual cancer check-up. She received radiation last summer for a sarcoma on her face. After the treatment, she received the all-clear and we were relieved to say the least. This appointment was scary from the start, she had found a lump in her neck a month or so ago. Since finding it, it's grown and she has been stressing out about it. At her appointment last week, the doctor was quite alarmed by it and ordered an immediate biopsy. A few days ago I took her to get the lump aspirated and now we await the results. It's either benign...or the cancer has spread to her glands.

To say I'm stressed, is a major understatement.

On top of this, I'm in the 2ww (9dpo). - HPT this morning although I'm sure it was a bit too early to test anyway. Having a lot of symptoms, starting to feel like if this isn't it when I feel all of these symptoms, I'll never be able to tell when it does happen. Super moody too, ugh. Nobody best get in my way today...I can't be responsible for my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment